Friday, April 7, 2017

Cheese Cookies (Sir Kolači)

I remember my maternal grandmother making these when I was a kid and often had my parents send me a "care package" in college with these as well as nutrolls, burek, and gibanica. My parents and her were very popular with my roommates!


4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
9 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Cream the cheese and oleo together. Add the flour, sugar and nuts. Mix well. Drop dough by teaspoon onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Flatten thin with the moistened bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan.                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment