Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Scrambled Eggs With Cottage Cheese (Kajgana Sa Sirom)

I first had this when I visited Belgrade on my own and went to a restaurant called Gazela on Hajduk Velikov Venac, Sarajevska Ulica. It was served with sliced tomatoes and pogača and Turska kafa. One of the best breakfasts ever! I became friends with one of the staff named Đole and he said to put the eggs on the bread and eat it like an open sandwich (sendvić) that way, and he gave me this recipe. I make it for my housemate and he loves it. I like to serve it with grilled smoked sausages.


6 eggs
1 small carton creamed cottage cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1-2 green onions chopped for garnish
2 tablespoons butter

In a bowl, crack the eggs and blend with a fork. Add your salt and pepper to the blended eggs. In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Put in the eggs and start to scramble. Slowly add the cottage cheese by tablespoon and continue cooking the eggs blending in the cheese. Keep adding the cheese until the eggs are fully scrambled. (You may have left over cottage cheese which is fine, you can serve that as a side dish.) Place the eggs in a serving dish and sprinkle the chopped green onions on top. Let your guests serve themselves. This is great on a slice of toasted bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment